Tuesday, November 1, 2011

revmarylois1blogspot.com Hold Your Head UP High When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dawn. I have always loved this verse. Even as a child I would stand with my head up and my chest out and with great gusto and much delight I would let every note vibrate. Then every thing around me would reignite trough my being. This was my space my song and my peace of mind. Every thing was possible when I was singing my song. Today I live this song. When the storm starts I run into the wind and raise my head up high. I am here!!!!! Hear me!!! See Me!!! Feel Me!!!! I raise my voice in great appreciation for the wind and the rain that has come to bless my day. I am embraced by the arms of the Grandmothers as they kiss me heal me cleanse me with every drop of rain that runs over my body. I remember a day when I was traveling with a dear friend. I feel fast asleep. The sky began to darken and then the rain started. Soon it was a tyrannical down pour. Even with the lights on she could not see the road ahead of her. She reached over to wake me. Should I pull over? I smiled over at her. No, I am the storm. All is well! We just need to introduce ourselves. I opened the window of the car and help my hand out. Hello beloved it is I thank you for gracing us with the opportunity to say hello. Thank you for the gifts you bring for clearing the air and what ever work you are doing. The storm contained. I turned to her and said the storm awaits your introduction. With a little bit of hesitance she opened her window. Placing her hand outside she introduced herself. At the exact moment there was a large clap of thunder and a bout of lighting filled the sky. She looked at me. Smiling I said place the rain on the back of your neck and become one with the gift that has been given you. She did and the storm lessen and the road was clear ahead of us. I went back to sleep and she said two more time a storm came she introduced her self and was not afraid. Calm came to her every time. We held our heads up high and gave thanks. For that is who we are. "We are one together" Rev. Marylois R. Schott

No comments:

Post a Comment