Tuesday, November 1, 2011

blog: http:revmarylois.blogspot.com Practice till we get it! All of life is a practice. We go through our days repeating the same things over and over we are training our mind to repeat an action over and over in the same way. Some times this is a good thing and some times the out come is not so desirable. In the case of a child learning to walk it is good I have the privilege to watch Bear’s one year old granddaughter Emily today. She is a beautiful blue eye, red headed preacious being. She titers back and forth as she balances herself and steps toward the direction she is headed. No one taught her how to rock back and forth to balance she just does it. This knowledge is there it came with her. Some times she over compensates as she titers and down she goes. She looks around and up she comes again to start all over again. Every step she takes she is connecting more nero nets to each other. This develops the a new pattern that will become automatic in just a few weeks. In the case of a compulsive behavior such as over eating. Practicing the behavior can lead to obesity and And other health concerns. In my life experience I have been morbidly obese. The main contributor was a compulsive behavior that I indulged. I would consume a whole loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter in one day along with regular meals and snacks. The bread and peanut butter where eaten behind closed door or hidden away from others around me. After years of repeating this behavior I became an automatic response to my everyday life. If I was up set I hide and ate. My nero nets where use to this behavior and I continued until my weight reach the 300 range and I was diagnose with diabetes. In both case there is one thing that remains constant. Like Grand mother Pa’Ris’Ha says. “Make a choice“. Little Emily could make the choose to let other carry her around . I could eat myself to death. Either way it’s a choice. Yesterday in a communication to my Elder I answered I am heath wealth and happy . I choose! Now I must not only choose this but I must practice it every day. Repeat health chooses every time I am eating. Repeat wealthy chooses to live my life for myself and others ever time. Give graduate for all things for this is my greatest joy. Practice, Practice, Practices!!!! Be Well “We are one together” Rev Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment