Tuesday, November 1, 2011

revmarylois1.blogspot.com Just Breath. When I am not centered and my world begins to spin out of control. I hear the loving words of Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’ say breath. Now another and then center and breath again. Just a few years ago I began to spin out of control and instead of breathing I began to run. I ran away from all that I knew was best for me. I tried to run from the very core of my life, the breath of me. As I ran father and fast I lost sight of the center of my being. In this race against self you’re breathing increases, even if your body decreases in motion. I was not moving and the shallow breathing left my brain little or no oxygen for clear thinking. What a paradox. Running and not moving. Not true I was moving back ward into a dark hole that I chose, in this hole the breathing of my life force became labored. In this hole you see a light above you but it is so dark you convince yourself that you are alone. You act out your daily life and pretend no one sees you. But there is that dam light that keeps shine from the opening of the hole. Who would dear to hold that open and still allow you to run this game of distraction on yourself? Even in the moments you want all light to stop so you can free fall into the obis. That light is still there you pled with the one who is holding it open to close it and let you go. She still holds. Run as far and as fast as you want, I love you, when you are ready, Breath Beloved Breath! Suddenly I take a deep breath. Then I hear, now another. The journey back up the hole begins to fill with light. I breathe deeper and move up the air is clearer and my brain begins to feel the fog lift. Even before I reach the opening I am met by the arms of love. I reach to the haven and feel the embrace of Olama as she embraces me. It is good to be back in the arms of love! Wado Grandmothaer! “We are one together” Rev. Marylois R. Schott

No comments:

Post a Comment