Sunday, January 9, 2011

"We are one together"

Today’s mediation was under some orange trees in the back yard of my friends Denise’s home.  She has a beautiful wooden swing that calls to me when ever I am there.  As I ran across the cold dew of the morning I stopped for just a moment to greet Nunda. A brief debate begins. Did I want to move the swing out far enough to be in the warmth of the sun and not the shade?  I felt the cool earth beneath my feet and the warmth of Nunda as she rises from her nights rest. Once I greeted Nunda and wrapped the blanket back over my body I have my answer. No, as the swing sat it looked like I would be cradled in the branches of the Tree Nation this morning. 
I know every branch, limb, twig, leaf and fruit bent itself coming closer and closer until by the time the chanting of Green Tara was over they all faced the swing. When my mediation began a heighten sense of my surrounding also began I was ware of the smells and the breeze and even the warmth of my body wrapped in the blanket of the tree. There was no separation we where one.  It is very peaceful here in the trees.  For a time there was only the void of creation. Gratitude for this majestic little oasis filled me.
 Then I slowly became aware of my surrounding.  I felt a bump on my leg. I opened my eyes and beside me lay a beautiful orange. What a gift. I picked it up touched the coolness of it to my face.  Looking at the vibrant orange color filled me with delight. Then I drank in the delicious orange scent.  The orange spoke to me of the gratitude of the trees for sharing this time with them.
For a long time I relished in the natural beauty of this majestic tree being thankful for every moment, we nurtured each other.  Then I opened my gifted gave thanks to the giver of all things and languished in the succulent juices of this precious gift as we become one in this Earth Keepers form.  The juices ran down my face and the nourishment of body and soul continued. 
The gift of interacting with nature in all her splendor is the only thing that the Earth Mother asks. To give and receive freely of the gift that is life. “We are all one together”

Life is a cycle a cycle is a circle and in a circle every thing returns to where it began.  Yes Grandmother I hear the sharing and it fills this one with respect for the knowing.


Be Well
“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment