Monday, January 3, 2011

Appalachian Mountain Range

Appalachian Mountain Range of North Carolina is where I have been for the last 8day. Two more to go and I will return to Florida.

When ever I am in the mountains I feel a sense of excitement a kind of going home.  When I am in the Ashram in Summerfield Ohio called Friendship Village I feel more connect to self.  When I am on the sacred land at the top rim of the North West Grand Canyon I have no words for how I am.  There is something that cleanses me and rejuvenates my spirit in these parts of Ela.  I only know that it takes me to a space that is free and anything can happen.  This is why I journey back to these area two to four times a year. 
The rejuvenation takes place in all aspects of my being.  Others see the physical transformation.  After one resent gathering of Bodhisattvas, in the desert in Mead Az, A close friend said, I looked like what she pictured Moses looking like when he came down from Mount Zion. Transformed, rejuvenated, and filled with the Holy Spirit, wow. I did not feel like Moses but I did feel transformed and rejuvenated.  I was peaceful and joyful.

I have seen in my brothers and sisters the same rejuvenation.  And in my beloved Elder Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’ I see this ever time I look in her eyes or hear her voice.  Even when she kisses my cheek with the first crisp sweep of the morning breeze, I feel her rejuvenating energy and I connect with the source that is the one. She has taught me that in a instant I am peace, joy, and love.  That is the reflection she holds for me.
  
Knowing that no matter where I am the experience of hiking a steep mountain trail, lying naked on a bed of freshly fallen leaves, or jumping into a creek that still has shards of ice from the spring thaw can be recalled and I am transported to my place of peace.  Like the eyes of my Elder, the songs of her heart, the embrace of her arms it is always there.  I don’t need to go any where, just be still and know I am one.

“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment