Friday, January 28, 2011

Jayden preparing for Birthday celebration tomorrow

http://revmarylois1.blogspot.com


Jayden preparing for Birthday celebration tomorrow:

Preparing for Jayden’s birthday celebration Mom and Dad are working to create something fantastic.  My question was why?  Jayden likes simple things like running around and being chased.  .  He likes to dig in the sand and plant his cars.  He like finger food likes Cheerios and apple pieces to eat he drinks apple juice and milk. He loves to toast with his cup before drinking. What, a delightful birthday celebration this would be. Jayden’s birthday celebration is not mine to create.
This is a time for me to introduced Jayden to a new tradition.  This tradition was shared with me by my Elder Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’.  This tradition is to celebrate the on who gave you birth on your birthday.  On the day of Jayden’s birth we sent Mommy flowers of appreciation for having carried us into this life time and for all she does everyday for us.
In this time of preparation and sharing of traditions I take time for great appreciation of those in my life.  The lessons that Jayden teaches me are valuable beyond measure.   The joy of being in his presence everyday sharing a time of laughter takes my being to new leaves of love.  Creating a day filled with the wonderment that a two year old has over a leaf on the ground or the sand on a sidewalk.  The joy he has being chased around the same area over and over till he drops from exhaustion, just to get up and pull my finger to chase him again. When he crawls up on my lap and lays his head up on my breast wraps his little arms around me and falls fast to sleep as I gentle rub his back.  These are the gifts that Jayden gives me.  There are no words to express these delight only actions of gratitude to Mom and Dad for sharing this precious gift with me.

Be Well
“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment