Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grace

Grace.

As a child I heard that Grace was undeserved love. Later in life I was told Grace is the infinite love, mercy, favor, and goodwill given to us from God and that only through repentance could you receive Grace.
Now I am older and have had many discussions on the subject of Grace.  There is a knowing that comes into your being over time.  In this knowing there is clarity.  My clarity about Grace is that it is there always has been always will be.  I do not need to earn it or do any acts of repences to receive it. I need only be open to the gift of love that is shared with me each and every moment and be grateful for it.

Even though I greet the dawn and watch as the beautiful ray pike over the horizon I am still in ahh every time.  Today I was driving as the Sun comes over the horizon.  The darkness parts and the sky begin to lighten.  If the moon is full some times you can not see the changes in the sky right away.  But this morning the moon was at half, it is between the phase of full and new.  The clouds had been thick and only a light glow picks through the sky.  To my lift going across the long bridge of Tampa bay my attention is drawn to the gray shade turning lighter and lighter.  I pull my car over to watch.  The excitement of dawns early light fills me.  The gift of this wonderful act of creation allows me a time of grace and I enjoy the moment.

Later on in the morning I the Sun shines again for me as my two year old Great Grandson picks his beautiful little face around the coroner to say hi GGmeme.(Or at least that is what I hear him say.) More evidence that Grace is present all the time we only need be open to it.

In my reoccurring world grace and grateful occupy the same space.  This is something to pounder as you live your day in grace grateful for every moment.

Be Well
“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment