Friday, January 7, 2011

Breath

Breath, now breath again.  Take a deep belly breath hold it then slowly exhale.  Do this again and again.  Let the oxygen you are taking in penetrate every pour of your being.  Oxygen is the element that fuels every part of our being and restores our energy level.
It’s that easy breath.  

Ever watch a new born mammal breath.  Weather it is two or four legged they all breathe very quickly and from their belly. It is beautiful and so natural. Some how some of us as we grew we forget how to breath to restore our natural rhythm.  We moved to a shallow breath that is short and quick. Just off the surface of the lungs.  This becomes comfortable and automatic. With each shallow breath we take we become more toxic. We are living we are breathing but there is apart of us that we are not fully utilizing. It’s still within us but we are not using it.

This is much how I lived my life.  I was born with all the tools and gifts that I would need in this life time. As my body developed I forgot and went into survival mode.  I was getting along. The tools where stored deep in a space within waiting for me to open it again.

Truly this began with a breath.  I was told I had only a few months to live.  When I shared this with Sarah, she shared her gift of Reiki and the first thing she taught me was how to breath: Deep breaths taking in the oxygen and moving it deep into my lungs blowing up my belly like I was blowing up a balloon, holding it, at first for just a few moments, then a slow steady exhale deflation the balloon.  The first time I did this I chocked my lungs where not use to being expanded.  Repeating this process over and over I began to feel lightness.  The restoration work need to reach the tool box that held the memory of a perfect breath had begun, and 0ver 10 years later it is still going on.

This internal breath is felt on the outside of me when I stand in nature and I breathe deep filling my being with the gift of the tree nation.  The playful wind kisses my checks and the knowing that the Grandmothers are kissing me.  I have much gratitude for this gift.  Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’. My Elder awoken with in me the knowing that ever moment of everyday all I need to do is breath.  Wado!

Be Well
“We are one Together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment