Friday, January 7, 2011

Not an expert but open to learn

Not an expert but open to learn and teach.

There is no topic that is taboo when you speak your truth.  I have always enjoyed conversation in religion, parenting and sexuality.  Not in that order.  I had gathered evidence that conversation in sexuality where uncomfortable for many people.  So I learned to be careful who I spoke to and how I spoke.
Those who are the closes to me or have been students know that I am no longer shy when it come to talking about sexuality.
Today we sat around the living room, I am the eldest at 53.  We where deeply involved in a very serious conversation about men.   All the usual stuff does size matter and if it does what is the size we are looking for. We each had our opinion. In this conversation my ears are always wide open. You can never tell what little tidbit you can learn from others shearing their life experience. The conversation about thickness, length, lubrication, and a whole gamete of other interesting knowledge was titillating to say the least.
When the conversation got a little to serious I sang, “love the one your with”.
Lightning up the atmosphere I said.  For me sex has gotten better with age. It’s no longer about what your riding it’s about the leading up to and then the exploration during and the intimacy after.
This clarity come as different books and open conversation arrive about sexuality and the way it has been used or abused over the ages is apart of remembering for me. You could say its growth and development. Sexuality is as much apart of being as every thing else we get to choice the conversation we are involved in. And the importance we place on our sexuality.
And not to change the subject but, women have concerns about their own life changes. Did you know that woman lose the density of there breast as they get older?  Ok conversation for another time.

The one truth I know about sexuality is for everyone it is different and unless conversation takes place it is just sex or procreation.

 That is the truth about life; conversation is a key to open many doors..

Just before my 51st birthday I had a conversation with Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha.  The exact word that where said I can not recite. But my prudish stand on sexuality changed. Today I teach sexuality to many age groups, the oldest is in there 90’s.

"We are all one together"
Be Well
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment