Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jayden day four Creating our day

Jayden day four  creating our day:

Jayden and I had an adventure in his home today.  The sun was shining and it was in the 70degree range outside.  I wanted to be outside all day.  The housing complex where Jayden lives is not conducive to that.  So Jayden and I did the next best thing.

Off of the living room behind a set of sliding glass door is a 4’X8’ screened in porch.  Mostly it is used to store extra stuff.  Well Jayden and I went to work.  We re-arranged the stuff into a neat little pile.  We washed down the table and wiped off the chairs.  We explored the different ways we could put the things we wanted to use.  Then we opened up the sliding glass door and extended the living room into our outdoor paradise. 

I don’t know if Jayden had more fun washing things down or pointing out where the sun was and showing GGmeme the airplanes as they passed by.  I do know that he enjoyed it so much he started moving his toys out of his bedroom on to the porch.  Then grabbed his blanket and pillow and laid down in the sun to take his nap.

 GGmeme loves it because the apartment is on the second floor and there is a giant oak tree in the middle of the court yard.  Jayden and I are in a tree house all day long!! We have natural Sun to warm us and brighten our day.  There are birds that sing to us. We have more connect to Nature and this is one of my passions. To be in nature and rejuvenate the soul.

When Mom and Dad got home they both said what a great ideal.  This little porch opened to the living room made there home so much bigger and brighter with the shades opened. They started making plans to take care of the stuff and provide a space they could all use together.

I heard a poem from Maya Angelo where she said, Life is not in the breath we take it is in the moments that take our breath away. Seeing Jayden laying in the sun and smiling at me took my breath away.

Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’ has shared with us that we create our day in the action we take.
Today Jayden and I created a space of fun in the sun!

Be well
“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment