Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis the night before Christmas

 
Tis’, the night before Christmas and I look back over my year

Man have I given a whole lot of Sh.., stuff away this year

Bed sets, kitchen gadgets and books on many subjects, all went to others 

I have nothing left in the attic or cellar J  

The cloths that I gave filled my brother truck

I’ve donated money to support our scared lands

Given food and blackest to homeless people

In my world I gave given even more then Oprah Winfrey has

And then I get quiet and start to giggle

Vision of teachers begin dancing in my head 

 Berience, who teaches all her students to pay it forward

Denise, sings like a song bird that radiates to each heart

Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’, who lives her life sharing with others

Giving away stuff that others could use has always given me joy

But, the gifts that are given that cause growth to my soul are the ones that gave me a gift words untold. 

Being with children and holing their hand, smiling at a stranger who nods with delight,
or just being quiet and listening when other talks.

As I settle down in my most natural state, and begin my sleep the peace that I feel comes from being of serves to all to every being

It’s not what I gave it’s what I got from others that is the magic of giving

Ant’ that great!!!  


 "We are all one together"

Rev. Marylois


No comments:

Post a Comment