Friday, December 10, 2010

Beauty way

Before I put my feet upon the floor in the morning I resit a sharing from my Cherokee Elder Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha. "The Beauty Way".  I walk my day in the Beauty.

Today setting here and preparing for luncheon this afternoon I am aware of the way my preparation have changed.

Just a few years ago I would grab something out of the closet, through it on the bed, take a quick shower, run a brush through my hair, step into my cloths, and slip some earrings on as I ran out the door. I looked OK.

Today I am aware that I picked my outfit out two days ago.  I tyred on my dress and all the accessory's to coordinate and look my best.  I bathed last night and oiled my body.  I chose my nail polish to match my out fit. Each item and every step taken to prepare this alter for a journey into the world is done to show beauty and thanksgiving for all things. There is peaceful.
For me the true meaning of the beauty way is peace, gratitude, and joy.

Because the preparation is done in this manner it will reflect in the rest of the day and the beauty is shared with everyone I behold in my day.

May you have a life filled with beauty.

Be beautiful
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment