Friday, December 17, 2010

Blanket of time

It’s Dec. 17 and it has been very cold in Sunny Florida.  For the last week or two we have been waking up to temperatures hovering around 25 degrees f.   I have been hibernating inside the little mobile home I share with my brother Chuck.  Only venturing out long enough to great the dawn. 
Today how ever there are many arenas that need to be taken care off so, I bundle up and off I go.  The route I am taking takes me on to a long stretch of highway where I get to see much wild life.  On the utility poles there sits an Osprey then another.  Today I see 5 Osprey!   I am always filled with much gratitude when these heavenly beings grace me with their presents. 
Today taking in the beauty of the Osprey my eyes began to wonder to the tree nation that stands as the back drop to the wonderful sign I am in.  As I take in the beauty of the changing leaves the bright yellows and the crimson reds, I begin to remember being in Ohio a few years ago stand on the pouch of Friendship Village.  I look up to see the arrival of my Cherokee Elder Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’  as she arrives.  When she steps out of the car she is wrapped in a beautiful shawl the colors of autumn have embraced her and she is glowing. 
This little girl this day inside of me begins to giggle.  I pull my shawl; the one Grandmother gifted me, around my shoulder and can feel the blanket of time and this day of beauty wrapping every element into the other.   We are all wrapped in the blanket of time and this day.  We have a treasure of wonders to see every moment of everyday.

“WE are all one together”
Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment