Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Song of the day


Many times during my day the sound of music can be heard.  Sometimes the verses from one song are sang with another song's melody. If another is listening they may hear me sing off pitch.  I have done this all my life.  No matter what the mood singing changes my perspective on what ever was going on in my life.

I remember one night in Columbus Ohio.  A group of us had been at an event and  headed out to have pizza with our Elder Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’.  It was a joyous time sharing food and conversation with each other, a great deal of giggling was enjoyed.

As we got ready to leave I was leaning over the top of a bench.  Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’ was seated directly in front of me.  My voice raised in song.  From the depth of my being I began to sing,"You Are The Wings Beneath My Wings".  Radiating from every molecule of my being I was singing a song of recognition to one who stands in my possibility in every aspect of my life. I don’t remember a single note off key. I only remember the connotation that existed between me and one I respect.

What a gift to be able to share song with anyone.  This morning the song of thanksgiving that moves through my being is Old Fashion Love Song“One I am sure that wrote for you and me”.


"We are all one together"
Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment