Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow

Still in Kentucky.  Yesterday was the anniversary of my mothers transition into her next being.  To honor her this day I had chosen to make pray ties and burn them with the ones I have carried sense High Ceremony just before dust.  It was a beautiful time of introspection.

Then Marsea and I had a evening of fun planned.  We popped popcorn, made snow cream giggled, (see receipt below) and just went with the evening as it unfold.  Oh it was beautiful.  Marsea said she was reminded of her child hood when she was the big sister and made special treats for her little sister. The different being today she was doing it with joy not because she was order to.  Me I too felt the little girl respond.  As each treat was offered I looked up with my big brown eyes.  Marsea would say you can have both. I would scrum and squall. The little girl with in was delighted. I eat a little snow cream in the three different flavors and I had popcorn. 

Life is what you make it and love is lived in the small moments of your life.  These are the lessons we get everyday from powerful teachers in our lives.  This is how I see my Elder Grandmother Pa'Ris'Ha, my mentor Beriniece, my teacher Oprah Winfery all live their lives.

"We are all one together"
Rev. Marylois

Snow Cream.  Go outside and scrape off the first couple of layers of snow. Then scoop up as much as you will eat into a clean bowl.  Bring it back inside and add a little cream to your taste and flavoring.  We added Mable syrup about 1/8cup to 3cups snow.  With about 3tablespoons cream.

We also added about 1/2 cup of cinnamon vanilla creamer to 3 cups snow.

We added 2 teaspoons cherry jello to the snow and a little cream.

use your imagination that's what works best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment