Thursday, December 16, 2010

In the beginning

In the Beginning


So, what is there in the beginning?  Over the years there have been many theories about this.  The Bible says, “In the beginning there was God”.  God created every thing. Science says that there was a void and that moisture formed.  They theorized that growth developed from this molecule and caused the big bang theory, An explosion took place and the whole universe was created.  Other cultures have their belief too.

Today as I contemplated this controversial question my mind began to wonder to see what my reality has on the phrase, “in the beginning”.  What I drew to me was a teaching I attended with Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha’. She was asking the group: What does a baby kitten grow up to be?  We answered a cat.  She asked: What does a puppy grow up to be?    
We answered a dog?   So what does a Child of God grow up to be? There was silence.  Nothing came to my lips then, my mind went into over drive.  From this point on I did not know if Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha was talking or if this question in my head was speaking so loud I could hear nothing else.  I could answer the question about kittens and puppies but not about a Child of God. 

In my 47 years reality of being a Child of God I had one reference of what a child of God grows up to be. In the early part of my life in the here and now I was taught that a Child of God grew up to be a Christian.  Later on in life I grew to understand that this was very limiting, we are all children of God so my religious beliefs would have no bearing on being a child of God.  Then what?  What does a Child of God grew up to be?  I thought I had the answer.  A Child of God grows up to be God was the answer I came up with.  For a time I was very pleased with this answer.

Today as I contemplate the question and read what I have written I have an epiphany.   When I take all of the theories about, “In the beginning”, the common thread is that no matter which theory is agreed upon I was there for it all.  This one is a Child of God and where God is so am I as child, (new beginning).  My body is made up of mostly water so I was there too.  There is a blank canvas that provided for creation and anyone can create what they what on it.  So from the beginning a Child of God grew up to be what ever they create themselves to be. In the beginning begins every moment of everyday.


 "We are all one together"
Rev Marylois R. Schott

No comments:

Post a Comment