Friday, February 25, 2011

Oatmeal

I thought about writing about my oatmeal. Then I thought that’s pretty boring. Then I thought no it’s not. I love my oatmeal. From the very beginning when I get out the cranberry colored pot and fill it half full with Nikken water then, I add what ever looks good. Today it was cranberries and chopped pecans. I flavored it with some maple syrup I was gifted with in Upstate NY. Then I grabbed my porridge bowl and filled it with the wooden spoon I used to stir the oats and other ingredients with. The porridge steamed in the bowl and the smell was nutty, mapley and the almond milk gave it a creamery sent. I gathered my bowl up in my hands and headed outside to sit in the cool breeze and warm sun. For a moment as I faced Nunda and gave great appreciation for this Earth Keepers form and the nourishment it would receive I was in ecstasy. Or at least I thought I was Then, I took my first bit and the taste was a delight of flavors and textures that thrilled my whole being. I savored each morsel. The song birds sang to me and as my spoon scraped the bottom of the bowl I gave another prayer of gratitude for the ALL.

It is in the moments of simplicity that our greatest moments can be lived or lost. Today I lived one of the many that make up this day.

“I have found we make real what we believe and our mind set determines our lifestyle and level of happiness.” * –Pa’Ris’Ha

“I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.”Oprah Winfrey

Be well
“We are all one together”
Rev. Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment