Thursday, February 10, 2011

Key to communication part one

The key to communication:
Though I have heard it in many ways it all boils down to the same thing. Listening is the key to communication.
When I was very little I remember hearing my teacher say God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason. This is so you listen twice as much as you talk. I got that a little bit then. But I still had all my filters in place in my listening. Though my mouth was not running my mind was always trying to locate a jumping in point. Or a response to something some one said. I also thought that when ever there was silence I was held accountable to fill the void. I turned this saying around and talked twice as much as I listen and that is an understatement. I jammed my key hole with chatter. Thus as a child they called me chatter box.
Over the years I got very good at disguising this chatter box from my self. To the point that I could not see her any longer, her mouth was running less and less. She believed that no one else could see her noisy little self. She disappeared behind a mount of exterior fat that kept others from getting close enough to her quiet chatter. This was very hard work over the decades. Then along came the master teachers. One after another to start the work of opening up the gated community I had created in my mind.
I remember my Elder Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha would respond to my question, is there anything I can do for you, with clear your mind. In the moment I was confused I could not hear any thing going on in my mind. As a mater of fact in my mind there was a huge blank space. Yes, I am saying nothing there was nothing there that is what I saw. I had quieted the chatter box years ago. Grandmother in her wisdom knew different. Time after time she responded with the same message, Clear your mind. I went from confusion to anger there is nothing to clear if your mind is blank. The mind child began to play with this. See I am a perfect example of a mind that is ready to listen. I can be the best listener in the world I will stop talking to others, only when necessary. This necessity was determined by my mind child. Wow the one part of my being that is the best at listening with her ears and mind stuck in the past filters was running the show. I was so good at this type of listening that I retained little or no recall about what others shared with me. I was quiet and I listened. Thank God somewhere in my being the subliminal mind was collecting what the conscious mind was skipping over.
This listening in quiet anger to prove a point to self, (You know the conversation in my mind) had become so engrained that I did not notice it. This is much like the dog-whistle that when blown only dogs can hear. It is also like subliminal recording of commercial at a dismal level that is picked up at the mind level underneath all you hear is the music when the real message is underneath.
In the conversation this week with my mind child, (Yes I talk to myself), there is a clearing in our filter. There is a light that penetrates what I use to call the blank wall. I told myself that this blank wall was the clear canvas to create. Boy could I create a lot. This canvas was so big that it had limitless potential. But, there was never anything created on this wall. Today in the perception of light coming though I know this is not a wall at all. It is a giant filter so plugged that it had become a wall. It is the tool that the mind child uses to prove her point. She gathers evidence in every area of her life and uses it as mud to fill the wholes of the filter. What a very cleaver child. She learned at and early age how to block out any thing that might confront her.
(Cont.)

No comments:

Post a Comment