Sunday, April 17, 2011

What happen in the night

What happens in the night.

The stars where bright in the sky. This was the night of new moon. I crawled into my tent opened my sleeping bag and snuggled in for the night. The wind was whipping at my flaps. Every inch of me was covered and out of the cool dark air. I left the side windows and door open to allow for the wind to blew threw and so I could enjoy the night sky. Some time during the night I heard noises outside my tent. I laid as still as possible. I wanted to get a look at who was exploring around my site. I knew that I must lay still so I did not invite them to attack a moving target or frighten them. After all I had come to their home ground. I really was not worried for I knew that Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha was near by and I was under her wing. (Not a safer place any where to be). Soon the noise outside my tent stopped and I fell back to sleep.

In the morning I woke up and crawled out to greet the dawn. After Nunda,(Sun) came over the horizon and all my practices where complete I walked around my tent. Just off of my ground mate there where two paw prints as big as my fist. On the other side where several sets of smaller prints. I giggled a little knowing that I had been the nights exploration for a family of Coyotes.

I love camping in the desert and the adventures that go with it.

Be Well

No comments:

Post a Comment