Friday, April 15, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep

Now I lay me down to sleep.

New moon was here and the sky was full of stars.
Each star has a story to tell and if you are willing to listen they will tell you of the lives they have lived and the merits they have earned.
I sat wrapped in my blanket connecting with the bright star just above my camp site. My thoughts went to sharing we had with Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha, around the fire tonight, She reminded us that the bright being we see in the heavens, on any given night, are no long there. Their life force is gone. But if you ask and listen they will share with you the story of there life. So that is what I did.

I looked off to the east. Just over the rim of the Grand Canyon. I saw a little star. It was flashing at me. I asked it for it’s story. I am a late bloomer I held back and was always afraid to speak. Tonight I will speak to you. I am grateful for sharing this time with you and telling you my story. I respond that I was glad to listen and would hold the memory of this star being. The flickering became very bright. Then the star began to move. Very quickly it went. Behind it was a trail of red glowing embers following. I watched for a moment as this star disappeared behind the mountain range of the Grand Canyon.
I gave thanks for the story this star shared and the memory I now hold.
Then I asked who else would like to talk. Into the early mornings I listen to the story of many the star beings. Written as fast as I can. Just before dawn I crawled into my sleeping bag to sleep for a little while. I woke and in the West as the night sky began to leaves there was one last star to share its story.
WADO with such joy for the memories I get to hold.

Be Well
“We are all one together”
Rev Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment