Monday, May 2, 2011

Have you read a good book

Have you read any good books lately?

Well for me I pre-read at the book story before I bring home a book so there is an affinity to the book and writer before I spend money or bring it home. Then I collect my high litter, book markers, dictionary, and time clock. (Oh ya a time clock is a necessity with a very loud alarm or time goes by and it’s the next day). Next I find a comfortable place and the lessons begins. All of this preparation is so that I can get the very most out of what I am reading. (My personal book collect stretches around me in my small little room. But years ago it filled a room and took three truck loads to move).
When I am reading is important to me that I understand the words that are written. One of the techniques that I have been taught was if I get distracted from what I am read or start yawning there is something I missed and I go back and re-read or look up words, You would be surprised how many words I thought I knew that have a different meaning. Once a word is clear it is easier to move on. I enjoy the book much more too.
Sometimes I get a book I do not enjoy so much but it has information that I did not know so I read it and pass it along to someone who may enjoy it more.
One of the things I enjoy the most now is to get the book on CD or download it off line and listen to it as I read.
With our studies with Grandmother Pa’Ris’Ha she has encouraged us to read several books this way. While studying the Toe this has been especially helpful. There are a great many words that I do not know how to pronounce. When I can not pronounce a word that means I don’t know it or I don’t know it in the context it is being used in. So to hear the word and then look it up opens up the path to a new world of words. Making the book I am studying a joy instead of a torture to go though.
Today we say have you read a good book and not only does this mean with your eyes but it could mean with your ears. So, have you read a good book lately?

Be Well
“We are one together”
Rev Marylois

No comments:

Post a Comment